The Easiest Way to Pay Federal Taxes
The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) is a free service of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. We encourage you to begin paying business taxes via EFTPS.gov or the service’s phone channel. Why?
- You will have no more last-minute trips to the bank or post office, lost checks or missed deadlines.
- It’s easy to use, fast and accurate.
- IRS research shows that businesses using EFTPS are 31 times less likely to make an error that results in a penalty or fee.
- You can use EFTPS from anywhere with an internet connection.
- No special software or connection is required.
- You’re in total control of initiating your tax payment securely through this site.
- Millions of taxpayers are already enrolled in the system, which has been available since 1996.
If you need to make a federal tax payment that is due today, here are instructions for making a same-day electronic payment via a financial institution.